NParks Internship 2023 Singapore – Eligibility Criteria, Salary, Apply Link, Careers | DailyHomeStudy
At National Parks Board (NParks), they reignite this bold, adventurous streak with exciting career opportunities unlike any other. The best part is that the interns play the leading role in creating a green and vibrant living environment for all to share and enjoy. Every student will have the role of transcending imagination to become an inspiring reality. Read on to know about NParks internship process, eligibility criteria, apply link and more.
About NParks Company
The history of NParks is closely interlinked with the history of tree planting in Singapore. In June 1990, the National Parks Board (NParks) was established as a statutory board under the Ministry of National Development to manage and enhance the national parks, comprising Singapore Botanic Gardens, Fort Canning Park, and the nature reserves. In July 1996, NParks was expanded to incorporate the roles of the Parks and Recreation Department.
NParks will build on what Singapore has achieved as a biophilic City in a Garden and further integrate nature into our city to strengthen Singapore’s distinctiveness as a highly liveable city while mitigating the impacts of urbanization and climate change. Singaporeans will be able to enjoy an environment that will have cleaner air and water, cooler urban temperatures, and benefits to health and well-being.
- Currently an undergraduate or a polytechnic student
- Share the same vision and passion to make the world a better place with greenery.
- Enthusiastic and ready for adventures
NParks Internship Roles/Positions
- Conduct tree inspections to ensure trees are in good health
- Select tree species for specific planting schemes
- Oversee planting of roadside trees
- Represent NParks in inter-agency meetings on streetscape plans
- Coordinate and supervise biodiversity projects to conserve native species
- Plan and execute volunteer activities to mobilize people to become stewards of greenery
- Enhance horticultural standards across our parks
- Oversee recreational and lifestyle amenities as well as daily operations in the parks
- Test innovative methods and conduct trials to optimize plant propagation success
- Study and propagate threatened native plants
- Cultivate native plants to be introduced to parks and conservation areas
- Contribute to the recording of threatened plants in Singapore
- Collect seeds of native species, either directly or through exchanges locally and internationally, for the setup of Singapore’s first Seed Bank
- Contribute towards the conservation of endangered orchid species
- Oversee the design and implementation of landscapes to showcase new or rare orchids
- Enthuse the community about the significance of orchids and their conservation
- Select the types of orchids to create beautiful displays in the Singapore Botanic Gardens
- Support the design, installation, and maintenance of orchid displays at major events, and festivals for local and international audiences.
NParks Internship Salary
NParks Singapore provides a competitive salary for the interns there to motivate them even more for the work.
How to Apply for an Internship at NParks?
- Visit this link.
- Click on the ‘submit your internship application here’ link on that page.
- Fill up the form correctly with all the details asked for and submit it to apply for the internship.
NParks Internship Reviews
The interns are very much pleased with the hands-on experience in this field. They are amazed to get a chance to work as an environmentalist intern where they have or will contribute somewhere to making this world a better place. NParks’ initiative is remarkable and, helps a city to maintain the greenery around and cancel out the pollution as much as possible to save the environment.
Hope this shared information helped you with the required internship details. If you are pursuing any of the fields mentioned above, then you should definitely try the internship programs at NParks. Let us know if you have any other queries regarding this internship in the comment section.