In this article you will get to know more about the NCTU Taiwan internship program that is offered by them to college students and graduates in Japan. Read on to know more about this internship details, eligibility criteria, salary, and application methods.
About NCTU Taiwan
Public Chiao Tung University was a public research university situated in Hsinchu, Taiwan. Laid out in 1896 as Nanyang Public School by a royal declaration of the Guangxu Emperor, it was one of Taiwan’s driving colleges. After the Chinese Civil War, NCTU was restored by previous Chiao Tung University personnel and graduated in 1958. NCTU was chosen by Taiwan’s Ministry of Education as one of the seven public colleges zeroed in on research in 2002. It was in this way decided to seek after all over greatness with “adaptable worldwide seriousness to fortify global scholarly impact and permeability consistently”. NCTU was merged with National Yang-Ming University into the recently framed National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University on 1 February 2021.
It’s not that hard to get into the NCTU Taiwan elite internship program as long as you are a currently enrolled student of Masters or PhD program. What matters the most is that you must be enrolled in either of these courses from a selected partner university.
Roles And Responsibilities
NCTU Taiwan happens to provide various research internship opportunities for Undergraduate, Master, & Ph.D. Students in Taiwan in different departments which are given below.
- Social Science
- Biological Science
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
Responsibilities of every intern depends on which department they are working in, at what position as an intern they are being appointed. Accordingly, they receive their respective task that they perform during their tenure.
Qualified students will be offered free Round-trip economy class flight ticket from their home country to Taiwan. Additional they are paid NTD 5,000 scholarship (including 6% tax) for the first month in NCTU.
How To Apply To NCTU Taiwan Internship Program
- All applicants must first identify an NCTU host professor and obtain the invitation letter before application.
- Office of International Affairs does not involve in matching students and NCTU host professors.
- List of NCTU professors who might want to host NCTU short-term research application.
- Application form (typewritten)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Research Proposal Of your research at NCTU (1 A4 page only)
- The Invitation Letter from NCTU supervisor. (The letter is compulsory for the visa process. It should be formal and with professor’s signature, department, email address on it.)
- Latest “Enrollment Letter” with an official stamp from the home university (or valid student ID card with an expiry date on it, please make sure the enrollment letter should cover your duration of internship in NCTU)
- A copy of a valid passport (valid for at least 6 months)
- A proof issued by the home university that internship is one of the graduation criteria or part, of course, requirement (Undergraduate students only), it’s compulsory for visa process).
- Download, print and fill the application with relevant details and correct information.
- Click here to download the application
- Complete the application form and send it via email only to Ms. Elaine Chen email@example.com before the above application deadline.
The NCTU internship provides a really great opportunities to its interns as they gave them access to every possible resource they have as well as provide them a suitable environment. They really do give lots of time freedom to interns as well as gives chance to work on big project under guidance. The only drawback is the lack of work space as well as communication among workers. That is something they really need to work on. Students who fulfil the eligibility criteria, should definitely try for NCTU Taiwan Internship Program 2022. This internship might turn out to be the best summer activity of your life. So go ahead and apply for the internship following the steps written above. Let us know if you have any other queries regarding this job in the comment section.