Students studying IT or Computer Science in Singapore should check out the Carousell Internship Program. Carousell is the leading classifieds group in Greater Southeast Asia on a mission to inspire the world to start selling, and to make secondhand the first choice.
At Carousell, they believe that technology is an enabler to solve meaningful problems at scale. The company is crafting the most seamless user experience for people to sell what they don’t need and find what they need. They have openings for Engineers, Data Scientists & Analysts, and also people from the commercial field.
About Carousell Company
Carousell is a private marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, and buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing marketplaces.
They have regional offices in Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, and Vietnam. Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, and Sequoia Capital. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets, and fashion accessories.
As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that power the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell.
- Passion for writing software and learning the latest software development techniques.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design.
- Experience in either one or more of C, C++, Java, Go, or Python.
- Commercial acumen to understand and define the business significance of various parcels of data and analysis
- Must have demonstrated team working capability
Carousell Internship Roles/Positions
Business Marketing Analyst
- Analyze large, structured data sets using advanced Google Sheets-based, Looker-based, SQL, or other tools
- Conduct data analysis, data visualization, presentations, and distribution of information in response to requests from marketing leaders
- Build execution plans and coordinate individual actions and reporting for key activities under the direction of the regional marketing team which will span across different functional areas
- Ensure that the correct measurement plans, tracking requirements, reporting, metrics, and benchmarks are in place to understand the incremental impact of our Marketing business growth
- Provide guidance and alignment on how to measure the success of marketing initiatives, go deeper to analyze campaign results, and report effectiveness
- Conduct regional analysis, find best practices, and surface opportunities and risks otherwise not identified to stakeholders by leveraging the Brand Tracker, internal data, etc.
- Improve the usage of data across the company by enabling the rest of the Marketing organization how to use data and Looker
- Collaborate with our in-house data analytics team to coordinate internal and external data insights
- Define and implement models to uncover patterns and power predictions creating business value and innovation.
- Partner closely with Product Managers & other senior Data Scientists in identifying potential data science solutions to important product/business problems.
- Mine/process data using modern tools and programming languages
Principal Software Engineer, Backend
- Collaborate with other principal and senior engineers in the organization on the org-wide platform, process, and technology choices. Initiate and lead technical projects and changes to existing processes, that will improve the quality of our codebase and systems, reduce technical debt and improve our developer productivity.
- Lead large, complex, cross-team technical projects
- Think deeply about technology and architecture choices in your domains, communicate trade-offs, and often take the decisions
- Contribute directly to high and low-level design and write code. Serve as a role model and inspiration to other engineers on how to build software
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers across multiple platforms and domains
How to Apply for an Internship at Carousell?
- Visit this link.to see all the openings.
- Select the relevant job title, location and hit enter.
- Fill up the form and continue to look for the perfect career match for an amazing start
Carousell Internship Reviews
Carousell has received amazing reviews not only from its clients but also from the interns. They said to have learned so much within such short periods, which will help them get an overall perspective of the market and the work they have shown interest in. The company has a team of hands-on experienced mentors. The company believes in equity and barring every race, skin tone, hairstyle, attire, and sexual orientation issue providing employment. A lot of people are not just being trained but also inspired by great ideas.
Hope this shared information helped you with the required internship details. If you are pursuing any of the fields mentioned above, then you should definitely try the internship programs at Carousell. Let us know if you have any other queries regarding this internship in the comment section.